What is DTF?
Custom Apparel and Embroidery by FSS now Offers DTF Transfers!
DTF is Direct to Film or DTF is a process that transfers prints onto fabric or other substrates using a heat-press. No weeding or masking needed and DTF transfers can be applied to all fabric types including cotton, cotton/poly blends, performance and even 100% polyester. DTF allows for full color print with a one step process unlike screen printing.
Custom Apparel and Embroidery by FSS DTF Transfer Pricing:
- $4.99 per square foot
- Individual Sheets – 18’ X 12’ sheets are $9.00 per sheet (We will always fit as many images as possible on a page to save you money)
- Single Image or Gang Sheet
- Minimum order $50
- Flat rate shipping in 1 to 3 days after your art is approved
Custom Apparel and Embroidery by FSS Design Center:
Once you upload your image(s), we will contact you to verify the order and send an invoice via our print software for approval and full payment. Please use the best email and contact number to receive the estimate and invoice.
DTF Printing Disclaimer and the Fine print:
Words less than 0.30 inches will not print with consistency and will not transfer onto any shirts or substrate. For the best results, make the smaller print larger and readable. We are not responsible for graphics or designs that are below the minimum resolution requirements and will not print.
Upload images in the size you want printed, we will not resize or alter your image(s)
- Are show-through areas at least .30″ thick to prevent closure?
- If ordering full color transfers, is the art in CMYK color mode, not RGB?
- We do not support multi-page files, so please ensure your artwork is on one page. If your file does contain multiple pages, we will only use the first page for your order.
- Accepted DPI and Files for DTF Transfers: Minimum of 300 DPI with the following formats PDF., AI., EPS, .GIF, .JPE, .JPEG, .JPG, .PDF, .PNG, .PS, .PSD, .SVG, .TIF, PNG.
- Images must have a transparent background.
Items that WILL NOT be printed or reproduced and will be immediately rejected!
- Trademarked images (NCAA, MLB, NBA, WNBA, NFL, Disney, Any Major Trademarked Brand)
- Watermarked images
DTF Transfer Application and how to apply:
- Preheat the garment for 5 seconds to remove any moisture.
- Place the transfer on the shirt – white side down, image facing up.
- Press the garment at 325°F for 15 seconds under very firm pressure.
- Hot Peel
- Cover the image with parchment paper and press again for 5 to 10 seconds.